- 3 medium parsnips, peeled and sliced
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Dash salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- Place 1 in. of water in a small saucepan; add parsnips. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 minute. Stir in carrots; cover and simmer 6-8 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Drain and set aside.
- In the same pan, combine the honey, butter, ginger and salt. Stir in vegetables; heat through. Sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 3 servings.
Reviews forGingered Carrots & Parsnips
"This side dish was outstanding! Although I'm fairly "new" to parsnips, my husband and I enjoyed this recipe so much, that I'm going to include some parsnips in my garden this coming year! I'm looking forward to making this recipe often!"