I found this recipe in a magazine years ago and thought it was the best squash dish I’d ever tasted. When I serve it to guests, they always agree. –Fran Swartzentruber of Sebring, Ohio
Recommended: Baking with Squash
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- Place squash in a large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-16 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, beat squash with butter and syrup. Beat in the ginger, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Gradually add cream until blended. Transfer to a serving bowl; serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Gingered Butternut Squash in Light & Tasty October/November 2006, p15
Reviews forGingered Butternut Squash
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 2, 2014
"Needed more flavor, added brown sugar but it didn't help much."
Reviewed Nov. 18, 2012
"We loved this dish!"