Gingered Beef Stir-Fry Recipe
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 beef flank steak (1 pound), cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1/4 pound fresh or frozen snow peas, thawed
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk egg white, cornstarch, sugar, ginger and pepper until smooth. Add beef and toss to coat; set aside.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil. Saute onions for 1 minute or until crisp-tender. Add beef; stir-fry for 6-7 minutes or until meat is browned and no longer pink. Stir in soy sauce. Add carrots, zucchini and peas; stir-fry for 4-5 minutes or until all vegetables are crisp-tender. Serve over rice. Yield: 5 servings.
1 cup: 240 calories, 10g fat (0 saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 246mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Gingered Beef Stir-Fry
"first time i tried this recipe. got 2 thumbs up from husband and daughter. meat was tender. will definitely make again"