A friend who owns a bed and breakfast in Maryland shared this recipe with me. It's a delicious and different way to cook asparagus. —Sonja Blow, Nixa, Missouri
Featured In: 28 Romantic Dinners for Valentines Day (or Any Day!)
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon sherry
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot or dash ground ginger
- 4 ounces beef flank steak, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 3/4 teaspoon hoisin sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 cups hot cooked rice
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 2 tablespoons soy sauce, sherry and ginger; add the beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth, hoisin sauce, sugar and remaining soy sauce until smooth; set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry beef in 1 tablespoon oil until no longer pink. Remove and set aside. Stir-fry asparagus in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Return beef to the pan; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Gingered Beef Stir-Fry for 2 in Taste of Home
Reviews forGingered Beef Stir-Fry for 2
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 10, 2018
"A bit on the salty side."
Reviewed Nov. 5, 2013
"Will make again!"