"You won't feel deprived in any way when you make this delicious main dish," assures Grace Nicholson of Willow Grove, Pennsylvania. "The beef is tender and tasty, and the colorful vegetables keep a bit of their crunch."
Recommended: 35 Chinese Takeout Fake-Out Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 beef flank steak (1 pound), cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1/4 pound fresh or frozen snow peas, thawed
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large bowl, whisk egg white, cornstarch, sugar, ginger and pepper until smooth. Add beef and toss to coat; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil. Saute onions for 1 minute or until crisp-tender. Add beef; stir-fry for 6-7 minutes or until meat is browned and no longer pink. Stir in soy sauce. Add carrots, zucchini and peas; stir-fry for 4-5 minutes or until all vegetables are crisp-tender. Serve over rice. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Gingered Beef Stir-Fry in Taste of Home October/November 1998, p17
Reviews forGingered Beef Stir-Fry
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 17, 2010
"first time i tried this recipe. got 2 thumbs up from husband and daughter. meat was tender. will definitely make again"