Gingered Beef and Red Peppers Stir Fry
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil, divided
- 1 beef flank steak (1 pound), cut into thin strips
- 1 jar (8 ounces) whole baby corn, drained
- 1/4 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 pound fresh sugar snap peas
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in the water, soy sauce and 1 teaspoon oil until smooth; set aside. In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry beef in remaining oil for 4-5 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Add the corn, red pepper, ginger and garlic; stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add peas; stir-fry 30 seconds longer. Stir soy sauce mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1-3/4 cups: 377 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 618mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 2, 2012
I used a frozen 24 oz. bag of stir-fry Asian style vegetables and followed the directions on the bag for cooking the vegetables. I also used ground ginger so that flavor was not as pronounced. I enjoyed it and would like to try it again with fresh ginger.
Mar 9, 2011
this a very quick way to put a fancy delicious dinner on the table and get vegetables into a husband at the same time
Mar 7, 2011
Tastey! I didn't have snap peas so I used 1/2 a yellow onion & peas instead.
Jan 17, 2011
This is a delicious and easy recipe that my family loves. I usually make way more than the recipe calls for and there are NEVER and leftovers. It's a great alternative to calling ahead for Chinese take-out.
Jul 14, 2010
made this for dinner last night, omg this was soooo good!! next time when I make this I'm going to add water chestnuts and broccoli and triple the sauce to put over the rice. Very fast recipe to throw together.
Jul 12, 2010
Have made this recipe many times and everyone loves it
Feb 1, 2010
Love this recipe! I've made it many times over. Sometimes I double the recipe and freeze the other half for later. It always comes out great.
Mar 7, 2009
one serving: 1 cup beef mixture with 3/4 cup riceCalories: 377Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 48gSodium: 618mgCarbohydrate: 41gFiber: 2gProtein 25g