We enjoy asparagus fresh from our garden every spring. This is one of my favorite ways to serve it. It's great for those watching their fat intake and so fast to fix. —Nancy Zimmerman, Cape May Court House, New Jersey
Recommended: 32 Super-Refreshing Dinners to Make This Winter
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 tablespoons sherry or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/4 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Place asparagus in a shallow 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Drizzle with half of the sauce; toss to coat.
- Cover and microwave on high for 4-6 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Drizzle with remaining sauce. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Gingered Asparagus in Light & Tasty April/May 2007, p19
Reviews forGingered Asparagus
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 29, 2013
"I love asparagus, but this recipe was quite bland. It didn't have a very good flavor to it, the soy sauce and the ginger completely ruined it :("