Gingerbread Trifle Recipe
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant French vanilla pudding mix
- 7 cups cubed Gingerbread Cake
- 3/4 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 maraschino cherry
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- 2. In a 2-qt. serving bowl, layer half of the cake cubes and pudding. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup toffee bits. Top with remaining cake and pudding. Spread whipped topping over the top; sprinkle with remaining toffee bits. Garnish with cherry. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Gingerbread Trifle
"I made this using my mother's recipe for gingerbread. Delicious!!!!! I'd make gingerbread again just to make this recipe."
"Fantastic recipe! This trifle always attracts a lot of attention at holiday dinners and dessert buffets. It is so pretty and offers perfect holiday flavor!"
"very good, my whole family loves it"
"Delicious and very popular at Christmas! Everyone always comes back for seconds."
"This is very easy to make and I got great compliments on it. However, I added another box of pudding because using only one box was too skimpy. Also, I added more Heath bar crunch after the second layer of pudding and just sprinkled a little on top of the Cool Whip for decoration."
"Served this at my teachers' sorority and it was a huge hit. They were so impressed by the taste and how simple it was to assemble."
"This was a great recipe. I did use 2 packages of vanilla pudding mix instead of just one and it seemed better. I just wasn't enough. Great flavour, will make it again."
"I love this recipe! My entire family absolutely loves gingerbread, however, it has mostly been served around the holiday season only, but this trifle is so good we serve it all year."