Gingerbread & Pumpkin Cream Trifle
We wait for these flavors all year long. Stack up the layers in a big trifle bowl, or make minis for everybody at the table. —Amy Geiser, Fairlawn, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 45 min. + chilling
- 1 package (14-1/2 ounces) gingerbread cake/cookie mix
- 1 package (3 ounces) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-2/3 cups canned pumpkin pie mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Optional toppings: caramel topping, toasted pecans and gingersnap cookies
- Prepare and bake gingerbread cake according to package directions. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, prepare pudding mix according to package directions; stir in brown sugar and pie mix. Transfer to a bowl; refrigerate, covered, 30 minutes.
- Cut or break gingerbread into 3/4-in. pieces. In ten 12-oz. glasses or a 3-qt. trifle bowl, layer half of each of the following: cake, pumpkin mixture and whipped topping. Repeat layers. Refrigerate, covered, 4 hours or overnight. Top as desired.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 372 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 414mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (44g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Nov 29, 2015
This was a big hit at Thanksgiving. I made it in individual glass goblets instead of one large trifle bowl. It is as pretty as it is delicious.
Oct 1, 2015
I'd take this over pumpkin pie any day!