Gingerbread-Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
A party favorite of ours is gingersnaps and pumpkin dip. I combined those flavors for a wonderful cross between gingerbread bar cookies and cheesecake. —Kathleen Rhodebeck, Penacook, New Hampshire
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 25 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- CHEESECAKE BATTER:
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and molasses. In a small bowl, whisk flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda and cloves; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Reserve 1 cup dough for topping; press remaining mixture onto bottom of a greased 9-in. square baking pan.
- For cheesecake batter, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and 1/4 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in pumpkin and spices. Add egg; beat on low speed just until blended. Pour over crust.
- Drop reserved dough by tablespoonfuls over cheesecake batter. Sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool 1 hour on a wire rack. Refrigerate at least 2 hours. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 bar: 212 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 143mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Gingerbread Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.