- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 cup water
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg white and vanilla. Combine molasses and water. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, salt, allspice and nutmeg; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with molasses mixture, beating well after each addition. Fold in pecans.
- Pour into a greased 3-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Combine hot water and butter; pour over batter (do not stir).
- Cover and cook on high for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until a toothpick inserted near center of cake comes out clean. Turn off heat. Let stand for 15 minutes. Serve warm. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Gingerbread Pudding Cake
"Made this for an office Thanksgiving party today because I love my slow cooker and this sounded snazzy. Doubled the recipe in a 6-quart oval cooker, came out moist and flavorful without being too rich or too sweet. This recipe's a keeper, definitely making this again!"
"Picked this because the in-laws like gingerbread and that this could free up the oven. Super easy to throw together. Wasn't sure it was gonna work because it was really soupy going into the crock pot. The middle was still pretty soggy but the edge pieces had a nice cake-like texture. As for the flavor, it was too rich for me and not sweet enough. I could only take a few small bites and that was more than enough. Seeing as I made it for the in-laws I didn't get any positive feedback from them so I am guessing I won't be making this again."
"Tried this recipe Friday night for a game night party and it was a complete disaster. I have been baking since I was 12 years old and have never had a recipe turn out so bad. The cake did not cook all the way and then burned on the bottom. There was no cake or pudding, just a disgusting tasteless mess. I tried to follow the recipe exactly as written, so I can't figure out what went wrong. All the other reviews make it sound so good and easy. This one will not make it into my recipe file."
"Easy and sooo delicious. I served it with whipped cream. Will make again!"
"I had never made a cake in my slow cooker so I was curious how it would turn out. I was pleasantly surprised. It went together quickly, and was very good with real whipped cream on top. A tasty, noval idea that I will make again."