Gingerbread Pancakes with Fruit Topping
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 6 tablespoons maple pancake syrup
- 3/4 cup apple pie filling, warmed
- 3 tablespoons dried cranberries
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Combine the egg, milk, molasses and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is golden brown.
- To serve, place two pancakes on each plate; drizzle with 2 tablespoons syrup. Top with 1/4 cup apple pie filling; sprinkle with cranberries.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 514 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 245mg sodium, 102g carbohydrate (52g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 30, 2013
Since we love pancakes, we were eager to try the gingerbread pancakes. We will be making these again!!
Dec 18, 2012
Made them this morning. My family loved them! Instead of apple pie topping, I warmed some cinnamon applesauce. It was a great compliment to the flavor!
Dec 4, 2012
Nice option for a special occasion breakfast.
Oct 6, 2012
Good, but definitely needs salt. I sauteed apples with butter, brown sugar, a little lemon juice and corn starch, instead of using the apple pie filling.
May 20, 2012
I made these cakes without the fruit topping, just eating them traditionally with butter and warmed syrup. My husband and I thought they were really yummy and they smell so good while cooking! Next time I might add 1/8 tsp. of salt. But overall, really good.
Dec 26, 2011
A pretty good recipe for our Christmas breakfast, but next time I would add 1/2 t. to a t. of salt.
Aug 16, 2011
I like pumpkin pancakes much better. These were good but nothing special IMO.
Feb 27, 2011
It was very good I tried with the maple syrup but not with the apple pie filling, my family said it would have tasted better with vanilla icecream, but it was very good and I definiantly suggest giving this recipe a try!