- 2 large apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- In a large saucepan, cook apples in butter over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until tender. Combine sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle over apples; stir to coat. Remove from the heat. Stir in vanilla and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, molasses and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is golden brown. Serve with apple topping. Yield: 18 pancakes (3 cups apple topping).
Reviews forGingerbread Pancakes with Apple Topping
"I would call them apple pie pancakes. Not much ginger in them - but so much yum. Will definitely make again. Mine turned out much darker than the picture though from the molasses. Just fyi, not an issue for us."