Gingerbread Muffin Top Cookies
We came up with this unique recipe for muffin tops that don't require a special baking pan. The flavor is similar to mouthwatering molasses cookies.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min.
Makes7 muffin tops
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup molasses
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon coarse sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and molasses. Combine the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Drop by 1/4 cupfuls 2 in. apart onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with coarse sugar. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until set. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 365 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 437mg sodium, 65g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Ginger Bread in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.