Gingerbread Muffin Top Cookies
We came up with this unique recipe for muffin tops that don't require a special baking pan. The flavor is similar to mouthwatering molasses cookies.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min.
Makes7 muffin tops
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup molasses
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon coarse sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and molasses. Combine the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Drop by 1/4 cupfuls 2 in. apart onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with coarse sugar. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until set. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 365 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 437mg sodium, 65g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.