Gingerbread Kisses Recipe
Whether you call them kisses or hugs, these cookies show nothing but love when served warm from the oven. Typically made with a peanut butter dough, the ginger and spices in these thumbprints are a fun Christmastime spin on an all-time favorite. —
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 60 striped chocolate kisses, unwrapped
- 1. Cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in egg and molasses. In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt and spices; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Refrigerate, covered, until firm enough to shape, about 4 hours.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350°. Shape dough into sixty 1-in. balls; roll in sugar. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake until lightly browned, 8-10 minutes.
- 3. Press a chocolate kiss immediately into the center of each cookie. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 5 dozen.
1 cookie: 88 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 56mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Gingerbread Kisses
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC