Here's a sweet treat that blends the seasonal flavor of gingerbread with a fun fizz. Garnish with a dollop of whipped cream, a sprinkling of cookie crumbs and a gingersnap cookie. —Randie Scott, Salt Lake City, Utah
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + cooling
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup molasses
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 6 whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches), crushed
- 6 cups lemon-lime soda, chilled
- Whipped cream and crushed gingersnap cookies
- In a small saucepan, combine the first five ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half, about 15 minutes. Strain and cool.
- In a large pitcher, combine molasses mixture and soda. Pour into glasses. Garnish with whipped cream and cookie crumbs.