- 1 package (14-1/2 ounces) gingerbread cake/cookie mix or 2 cups gingerbread cookie dough of your choice
- Musical note cookie cutter (4 inches)
- Holly leaf cookie cutter (1-1/2 inches)
- 1/2 pound white candy coating, melted
- 1/4 cup green colored sugar
- Pastry bag or small heavy-duty resealable plastic bag
- Pastry tip-#3 round
- 15 red-hot candies
- Prepare mix according to package directions for cookies. Set aside 1/4 cup dough. On a greased baking sheet, roll out remaining dough into a 9-1/2-in. circle. With a sharp knife, cut a 4-in. circle from the center of the 9-1/2-in. circle. Remove 4-in. circle; add to reserved dough. Bake 9-1/2-in. ring at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until edges are firm (do not overbake). Cool for 1 minute; remove to a wire rack.
- Roll out reserved dough to 1/2-in. thickness. Cut out five musical notes and 10 holly leaves. Place 2 in. apart on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are firm. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
- Dip holly leaves halfway in candy coating; sprinkle with green sugar. Place on a ring as show in photo. Cut a small hole in the corner of pastry or plastic bag; insert round tip. Fill with remaining candy coating. Squeeze a small amount on the back of cookies; attach to wreath. Pipe around edges of notes. Pipe small dots of coating above holly leaves to attach candies. Allow coating to set completely, about 30 minutes. Yield: 1 wreath.
Reviews forGingerbread Cookie Wreath
"An interesting use of a store bought gingerbread mix. It will make an unusual centerpiece for a Holiday dessert Table."