Gingerbread Cheesecake Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups crushed gingersnap cookies
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Melted chocolate, optional
- 1. Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of prepared pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 8-12 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the molasses, vanilla, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into crust.
- 4. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan. Bake at 325° for 45-55 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer.
- 5. For topping, place chocolate in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Cool slightly, stirring occasionally. Pour over cheesecake. Refrigerate overnight.
- 6. Remove sides of pan. If desired, drizzle with melted chocolate. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice (calculated without chocolate drizzle): 451 calories, 33g fat (20g saturated fat), 139mg cholesterol, 295mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Gingerbread Cheesecake
"Phenomenal recipe. Served it to my guests at a meeting I had at my house. They begged me for the recipe and I will give it to them. Saw this at the cooking show and wanted to try it. I even made it gluten free by using gluten free ginger snaps! Will serve it for Thanksgiving !"