Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, oil and molasses. Combine the flour, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg; gradually add to the egg mixture and mix well. Turn onto a floured surface. Knead in almonds and cranberries.
- Divide dough in half; shape each portion into a 14x3-in. rectangle. Transfer to a greased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 24-26 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a cutting board; with a serrated knife, cut each rectangle into 18 slices. Place slices cut side down on greased baking sheets. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until firm and crisp, turning once. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 filled pita half: 118 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 40mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Dec 19, 2011
I made these without cranberries and chopped almonds because that is what I had. They are very good and quite easy to make.
Dec 8, 2011
Yum... look, smell, and taste delicious!
Nov 29, 2011
Very easy to make and turned out perfectly.
Jan 9, 2010
I made this without the almonds since I didn't have them on hand. I think it would be even better with them. It was an easy, fun recipe and the biscotti turned out well. Smelled great when they were baking!!!