- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, oil and molasses. Combine the flour, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg; gradually add to the egg mixture and mix well. Turn onto a floured surface. Knead in almonds and cranberries.
- Divide dough in half; shape each portion into a 14x3-in. rectangle. Transfer to a greased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 24-26 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a cutting board; with a serrated knife, cut each rectangle into 18 slices. Place slices cut side down on greased baking sheets. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until firm and crisp, turning once. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews forGingerbread Biscotti
"I made these without cranberries and chopped almonds because that is what I had. They are very good and quite easy to make."
"Yum... look, smell, and taste delicious!"
"Very easy to make and turned out perfectly."