Ginger-Tuna Kabobs Recipe
- 1 pound tuna steaks, cut into 16 cubes
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 16 pickled ginger slices
- 1 bunch watercress, optional
- 1/2 cup wasabi mayonnaise
- 1. Toss tuna with soy sauce and vinegar; refrigerate, covered, 30 minutes.
- 2. Drain tuna, discarding marinade; pat dry. Sprinkle tuna with sesame seeds and pepper. In a large skillet, sear tuna until browned and center is medium rare or slightly pink; remove from skillet.
- 3. On each of 16 appetizer skewers, thread one ginger slice and one tuna cube. If desired, place on a watercress-lined patter. Serve with wasabi mayonnaise. Yield: 16 kabobs.
1 kabob with 1-1/2 teaspoons mayonnaise: 100 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 186mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Ginger-Tuna Kabobs
"I doubled the recipe the first time I made it as an appetizer and it got rave reviews and requests for the recipe."
"Best tuna I've ever made. Used Albacore from Costco, but will try Ahi next time."
"These were absolutely fantastic! We made a special ginger teriyaki mayo by mixing a ginger teriyaki marinating sauce with regular mayo. The flavors in this recipe are absolutely divine and we WILL ba making this again!"