Ginger Sweet Potato
Serve up a fantastic side dish with this scrumptious recipe from Susan LeBrun of Sulphur, Louisiana. The spice of ginger and cinnamon pair perfectly with sweet potato and maple syrup.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 tablespoon chopped crystallized ginger
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place potato in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender; drain. In a small bowl, mash potato with remaining ingredients.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 192 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 332mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein.
May 10, 2015
If I could do zero stars I would. I love sweet potatoes. . There is a hint of the ginger but that's allthe flavor you can taste. The crystalized ginger isn't cheep. It was a waste of money no one would eat it And I made a double recipe.