Ginger Sweet Potato
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 tablespoon chopped crystallized ginger
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place potato in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender; drain. In a small bowl, mash potato with remaining ingredients.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 192 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 332mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 10, 2015
If I could do zero stars I would. I love sweet potatoes. . There is a hint of the ginger but that's allthe flavor you can taste. The crystalized ginger isn't cheep. It was a waste of money no one would eat it And I made a double recipe.