Ginger Spiced Pork
Flavor a few pork tenderloins with this easy rub before putting them on the grill, and you're in for a terrific treat. They make an extra-special summer meal.——Beth Walton, Columbus, Indiana
Total TimePrep: 5 min. + marinating Grill: 30 min.
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 pork tenderloins (1 pound each)
- Combine the first nine ingredients; rub over pork. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Using a drip pan, prepare grill for indirect heat. Lightly oil grill rack. Place pork over drip pan and grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 210 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 261mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 32g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Ginger Spiced Pork Tenderloin in Country Woman March/April 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.