Flavor a few pork tenderloins with this easy rub before putting them on the grill, and you're in for a terrific treat. They make an extra-special summer meal.——Beth Walton, Columbus, Indiana
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 pork tenderloins (1 pound each)
- Combine the first nine ingredients; rub over pork. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Using a drip pan, prepare grill for indirect heat. Lightly oil grill rack. Place pork over drip pan and grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Ginger Spiced Pork in Country Woman March/April 2005, p36