Ginger & Spice Butternut Squash
I came up with this side dish one year while cooking Christmas dinner with my mom. The spiced-up squash is sweet and comforting.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 medium butternut squash (about 3 pounds), cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine squash and oil. Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until squash is tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over squash; toss to coat.