Ginger Sirloin Strips
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 can (14 ounces) pineapple tidbits
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into strips
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions
- Hot cooked rice
- Drain pineapple and oranges, reserving juice; set fruit aside. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and juices until smooth; set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry beef and ginger in oil until meat is no longer pink. Add the cranberry sauce, onions and pineapple. Stir cornstarch mixture and gradually add to skillet; cook and stir until slightly thickened. Gently stir in oranges. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 303 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 60mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 2g fiber), 19g protein.
Feb 9, 2015
I did not care for this at all; way too sweet for me.
Oct 25, 2011
Awesome - my family loved it and we can't wait to have it again! This is a great dish!
Dec 2, 2008
Yum! I substituted left-over Thanksgiving turkey for the sirloin and modified the cooking instructions accordingly. I look forward to using the sirloin next time.