Ginger Sesame Chicken Recipe
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients until blended; set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in 1 tablespoon oil for 4-6 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- 3. Stir-fry green pepper and onion in remaining oil for 2 minutes. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Add chicken; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 318 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 577mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 37g protein.
Reviews for Ginger Sesame Chicken
"Simple meal to prepare. It could use some more flavor. I used a sweet yellow pepper instead and a can of chunk pineapple. I let the chicken marinade in some of the sauce before cooking. Served over jasmine rice."
"Next time I plan to add celery and water chestnuts for a nice crunch. No need to cook chicken first and then remove. I just did it all together in one pan. Saved time and dishes!"
"this is tasty and quick, slightly sweet, good stir fry for kids."
"We really enjoyed it, but I wonder if fresh ginger would make it even tastier. I also like the suggestion of garlic!"
"I made this tonight and was very disappointed because it had no flavor. Is there an ingredient missing from the list?"