Ginger Sesame Chicken
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- Hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients until blended; set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in 1 tablespoon oil for 4-6 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- Stir-fry green pepper and onion in remaining oil for 2 minutes. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Add chicken; heat through. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 318 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 577mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 37g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 14, 2013
Simple meal to prepare. It could use some more flavor. I used a sweet yellow pepper instead and a can of chunk pineapple. I let the chicken marinade in some of the sauce before cooking. Served over jasmine rice.
Jan 16, 2011
Next time I plan to add celery and water chestnuts for a nice crunch. No need to cook chicken first and then remove. I just did it all together in one pan. Saved time and dishes!
Aug 12, 2010
this is tasty and quick, slightly sweet, good stir fry for kids.
Aug 25, 2009
We really enjoyed it, but I wonder if fresh ginger would make it even tastier. I also like the suggestion of garlic!
Jul 14, 2009
I made this tonight and was very disappointed because it had no flavor. Is there an ingredient missing from the list?