- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- Hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients until blended; set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in 1 tablespoon oil for 4-6 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- Stir-fry green pepper and onion in remaining oil for 2 minutes. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Add chicken; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forGinger Sesame Chicken
"Simple meal to prepare. It could use some more flavor. I used a sweet yellow pepper instead and a can of chunk pineapple. I let the chicken marinade in some of the sauce before cooking. Served over jasmine rice."
"Next time I plan to add celery and water chestnuts for a nice crunch. No need to cook chicken first and then remove. I just did it all together in one pan. Saved time and dishes!"
"this is tasty and quick, slightly sweet, good stir fry for kids."
"We really enjoyed it, but I wonder if fresh ginger would make it even tastier. I also like the suggestion of garlic!"
"I made this tonight and was very disappointed because it had no flavor. Is there an ingredient missing from the list?"