Ginger Salmon Salad
“Whenever I serve this salad to company, people always tell me they love it,” Nancee Melin assures from Tucson, Arizona. “After trying something similar at a restaurant, I duplicated it from taste and memory at home. It’s a cinch to prepare and cooks in no time. If you prefer, you can easily change the fruit depending on what’s in season.”
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2/3 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each), skin removed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 1 cup sliced peeled mango
- In a small bowl, combine the lime juice, honey and ginger; set aside 1/2 cup for serving.
- Place fillets on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Spoon 1/2 cup lime juice mixture over salmon. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork, basting occasionally with remaining lime juice mixture. Sprinkle with salt.
- Divide salad greens among four plates; top with salmon and mango. Drizzle with reserved lime juice mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 479 calories, 19g fat (4g saturated fat), 100mg cholesterol, 278mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 3g fiber), 36g protein.
Originally published as Salmon on Greens with Lime Ginger Dressing in Simple & Delicious July/August 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.