“Whenever I serve this salad to company, people always tell me they love it,” Nancee Melin assures from Tucson, Arizona. “After trying something similar at a restaurant, I duplicated it from taste and memory at home. It’s a cinch to prepare and cooks in no time. If you prefer, you can easily change the fruit depending on what’s in season.”
Recommended: Healthy Main Dish Salad Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2/3 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each), skin removed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 1 cup sliced peeled mango
- In a small bowl, combine the lime juice, honey and ginger; set aside 1/2 cup for serving.
- Place fillets on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Spoon 1/2 cup lime juice mixture over salmon. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork, basting occasionally with remaining lime juice mixture. Sprinkle with salt.
- Divide salad greens among four plates; top with salmon and mango. Drizzle with reserved lime juice mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Ginger Salmon Salad in Simple & Delicious July/August 2006, p16
Reviews forGinger Salmon Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 8, 2012
"This was ok but not great. It was really lacking any depth of flavor."