My recipe box is full of delicious pork recipes, but this fast-to-fix stir-fry really stands out from the rest. My family loves the citrus glaze that coats the tender pork and vegetables. Ginger, garlic and orange juice provide its terrific taste.
Recommended: 35 Chinese Takeout Fake-Out Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 pound pea pods or snow peas
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- Hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, orange juice, soy sauce, garlic and ginger until smooth; set aside. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry pork in oil for 5 minutes or until lightly browned; drain. add the onion, peas and red pepper; cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Stir orange juice mixture; add to the skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Ginger Pork Stir-Fry in Quick Cooking January/February 2002, p29