"I first tasted this speedy skillet dish when my daughter and son-in-law prepared it for us," recalls Linda Stone of Dothan, Alabama. "With a salad and French bread, it makes a wonderful meal," she notes. Plus, there's plenty of spaghetti left over to prepare the two recipes that follow.
Recommended: 70 Incredible 5-Star Pasta Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 pounds uncooked spaghetti
- 2 pounds ground pork
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 7-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook the pork, garlic, ginger and pepper flakes over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. In a bowl, combine the cornstarch, water, soy sauce and wine or broth until smooth. Add to pork mixture with onions. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Drain spaghetti; place 6 cups in a large serving bowl. Add pork mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate remaining spaghetti. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Ginger Pork Over Spaghetti in Quick Cooking March/April 2001, p42
Reviews forGinger Pork Over Spaghetti
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review