- 2 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 tablespoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onion
- Broil pork chops 4-5 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and soy sauce until smooth. stir in the honey, garlic and ginger. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Drizzle over the pork chops. Sprinkle with green onion. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forGinger Pork Chops
"I found this to be very good the way it is but made 3 chops and the amount was just right."
"These are delicious but you will want to modify the sauce to fit your own tastes. 2 TBLSP soy sauce is way, way too much and you don't need a whole 1/4 cup of honey. I used 1 tblsp soy sauce, 2 tblsp honey, the ginger and a little water, about 1/4 cup. Instead of broiling the chops I cooked them on top of the stove for 5 minutes on each side, removed them from the pan while I made the sauce and then added them back in to heat up with the sauce. I thought they were really good."