Ginger Poppy Seed Cookies
Poppy seed and ginger pair up nicely in these popular treats. The refrigerated dough slices easily and bakes quickly.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
Makesabout 17 dozen
- 3 cups butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 3 Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 7-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup poppy seeds
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla. Combine the remaining ingredients; add to creamed mixture. Shape into four 13-in. rolls. Wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Unwrap dough and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 9-11 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 110 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 94mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Ginger Poppy Seed Cookies in Country Woman Christmas 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.