Here's a simply elegant choice for dessert. The fresh pear halves are roasted in a sweet sauce of ginger ale and honey. —Harriet Millstone, Toronto, Ontario
- 4 medium pears
- 1/2 cup ginger ale
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup chopped crystallized ginger
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Core pears from bottom, leaving stems intact. Peel pears; cut in half vertically. Cut 1/4 in. from bottoms to level if necessary. Place in an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- 2. Place ginger ale and honey in a small saucepan. Cook and stir until combined; spoon over pears. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until tender, basting occasionally.
- 3. With a slotted spoon, remove pears to individual serving dishes. Transfer pan juices to a small saucepan; stir in ginger. Cook and stir over medium heat 5-8 minutes or until heated through. Spoon over pears; sprinkle with pecans.
2 pear halves: 429 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 23mg sodium, 91g carbohydrate (65g sugars, 7g fiber), 2g protein.
© 2019 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC