Ginger Plum Stir-Fry
"Here's a great way to get in your vegetables," promises Evelyn Joan Brewer of Bluffton, Indiana. "I lightened up the original recipe by using soy crumbles instead of sausage. I serve it over cooked rice."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup plum sauce
- 1 small sweet red pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 package (14 ounces) coleslaw mix
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen vegetarian meat crumbles
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and ginger. Stir in the broth until smooth. Stir in the soy sauce and plum sauce until blended; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok coated with cooking spray, stir-fry red pepper and garlic in oil for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms; stir-fry 2 minutes longer. Add coleslaw mix and onions; stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add vegetarian meat crumbles. Stir broth mixture; gradually stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened and crumbles are heated through.
Editor's NoteVegetarian meat crumbles are a nutritious protein source made from soy. Look for them in the natural foods freezer section.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 247 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1264mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 7g fiber), 20g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Ginger Plum Stir Fry in Light & Tasty April/May 2006