VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced peaches, drained and patted dry
- 1/4 cup red candied cherries, halved
- 1 package (14-1/2 ounces) gingerbread cake/cookie mix
- In a small bowl, combine butter and brown sugar. Spoon into an ungreased 10-in. fluted tube pan. Alternately arrange peaches and cherries in pan.
- Prepare gingerbread batter according to package directions for cake; carefully pour over fruit.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. Cool completely before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Ginger Peach Upside-Down Cake in Simple & Delicious November/December 2007, p10