Ginger Peach Chicken
"My family is always glad to see this hearty skillet dinner on busy nights," says Patty Gales of Pepperell, Massachusetts. "It goes together quickly with ingredients that I keep on hand. I often serve it with a side of rice or pasta."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced peaches in juice
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- Drain peaches, reserving juice; set peaches aside. Add water to juice to measure 3/4 cup. Flatten chicken breasts to 1/2-in. thickness. In a nonstick skillet, cook chicken in butter over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, peach juice, salt and ginger until smooth; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add peaches and water chestnuts; heat through. Spoon over chicken.