Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup molasses
- LEMON SYRUP:
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, ginger, cinnamon and cloves. In a small bowl, whisk the egg, milk and molasses until blended; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until second side is golden brown. Keep warm.
- For syrup, melt butter in a small saucepan. Stir in the sugar, water, egg yolk and lemon juice. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat. Serve warm with pancakes.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 527 calories, 25g fat (13g saturated fat), 120mg cholesterol, 706mg sodium, 72g carbohydrate (44g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 7, 2011
These pancakes were so delicious! I was worried about how my children would like the ginger taste, but they really enjoyed them. They were also very easy to make with ingredients that I tend to have on hand already. The lemon syrup complimented the pancakes nicely. Awesome recipe!