Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup molasses
- LEMON SYRUP:
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, ginger, cinnamon and cloves. In a small bowl, whisk the egg, milk and molasses until blended; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until second side is golden brown. Keep warm.
- For syrup, melt butter in a small saucepan. Stir in the sugar, water, egg yolk and lemon juice. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat. Serve warm with pancakes.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 527 calories, 25g fat (13g saturated fat), 120mg cholesterol, 706mg sodium, 72g carbohydrate (44g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Jul 7, 2011
These pancakes were so delicious! I was worried about how my children would like the ginger taste, but they really enjoyed them. They were also very easy to make with ingredients that I tend to have on hand already. The lemon syrup complimented the pancakes nicely. Awesome recipe!