Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 30 min.
Makesabout 3-1/2 dozen
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup finely crushed gingersnaps (about 11 cookies)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, cookie crumbs and salt. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- Place on greased racks in shallow baking pans. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until no longer pink; drain.
- In a large skillet, combine the ketchup, brown sugar, mustard and ginger. Add meatballs. Simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until heated through, gently stirring several times.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 97 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 322mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Oct 17, 2009
i thought it was a unique spin on something that is otherwise quite ordinary...i increased the ginger snaps and decreased the amount of ketchup..it was great and everyone enjoyed them
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.