Sybil Leson of Houston, Texas writes, "These sweet and tangy meatballs have caused many guests to ask, 'What is that delicious flavor?' I often increase the recipe and keep the meatballs warm in a slow cooker."
Recommended: Game Day Potluck Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup finely crushed gingersnaps (about 11 cookies)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, cookie crumbs and salt. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- Place on greased racks in shallow baking pans. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until no longer pink; drain.
- In a large skillet, combine the ketchup, brown sugar, mustard and ginger. Add meatballs. Simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until heated through, gently stirring several times. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Ginger Meatballs in Quick Cooking November/December 2003, p44
Reviews forGinger Meatballs
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 17, 2009
"i thought it was a unique spin on something that is otherwise quite ordinary...i increased the ginger snaps and decreased the amount of ketchup..it was great and everyone enjoyed them"