- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 6 slices fresh gingerroot (cut from a 1-1/2-inch piece)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3/4 pound pecan halves (about 3 cups)
- Preheat oven to 325°. Grease a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan. In a small saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 2-3 minutes or until syrupy, stirring occasionally. Strain and discard ginger slices.
- Place pecans in a large bowl; drizzle with syrup mixture and toss to coat. Transfer to prepared pan. Roast 20-25 minutes or until toasted, stirring occasionally. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 cups.
Reviews forGinger-Maple Roasted Pecans
"DELICIOUS! I can't stop eating them, and they were popular at a Christmas party too."
"Made these yesterday. So delicious! Took a little longer to roast...30 minutes. Each time I stirred them, I sprinkled on some freshly cracked black pepper for more zing. There will be a great hostess gift. Thank you, Angie!"
"I love these. Fabulous! Addicting! I am bringing them to my sister Michelle's house for Thanksgiving! I have also shared the recipe with others at work as I brought them in for snacking. Everyone loves them. I would just use a little less salt next time. This one is a keeper!"
"YUM. Great for those who pack lunches and need a quick protein filled snack."