Ginger-Macadamia Nut Snowballs
You’ll go nuts over these ginger-spiced cookies, made with love and coated with sweet confectioners’ sugar to look like snow. —Jenny Humphries, Ocean View, Hawaii
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
Makesabout 5 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup plus 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 2-1/4 cups cake flour
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 cup chopped crystallized ginger
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar until blended. Beat in lemon zest and lemon extract. Gradually beat flour into creamed mixture. Stir in macadamia nuts and ginger. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Shape dough into 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 14-16 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Roll warm cookies in remaining confectioners' sugar. Cool on wire racks. When cooled, roll cookies again in confectioners' sugar.
Originally published as Lemon-Ginger Snowballs in Taste of Home December/January 2013
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.