Ginger-Macadamia Nut Snowballs
You’ll go nuts over these ginger-spiced cookies, made with love and coated with sweet confectioners’ sugar to look like snow. —Jenny Humphries, Ocean View, Hawaii
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
Makesabout 5 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup plus 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 2-1/4 cups cake flour
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 cup chopped crystallized ginger
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar until blended. Beat in lemon zest and lemon extract. Gradually beat flour into creamed mixture. Stir in macadamia nuts and ginger. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Shape dough into 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 14-16 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Roll warm cookies in remaining confectioners' sugar. Cool on wire racks. When cooled, roll cookies again in confectioners' sugar.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.