Ginger Loaf with Apricot-Ricotta Spread Recipe
These dainty tea sandwiches are wonderful for a ladies' luncheon or bridal shower. Bake the bread the day before to cut down on last-minute preparation. —Joyce Brantl, Victor, New York
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugar and molasses until light and fluffy. Add egg; beat well. Combine the flour, ginger, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and cloves; add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- 2. Transfer to a greased and floured 9x5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the cheese, apricots, confectioners' sugar and orange peel.
- 4. Cut edges off of loaf and cut into 16 slices. Spread 2 tablespoonfuls spread over each of eight bread slices; top with remaining bread. Cut each sandwich into four 1-in.-wide strips. Yield: 32 tea sandwiches.
1 sandwich: 92 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 130mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Ginger Loaf with Apricot-Ricotta Spread
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC