- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon whole peppercorns
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup coarse sugar
- 3 cups fresh grapefruit juice, chilled
- Ice cubes
- 4 cups sparkling water, chilled
- In a small saucepan, bring the first six ingredients to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 10 minutes. Refrigerate until cold. Strain syrup, discarding ginger and peppercorns.
- Using water, moisten rims of eight cocktail glasses. Sprinkle coarse sugar on a plate; hold each glass upside down and dip rims into sugar. Discard remaining sugar on plate.
- In a pitcher, combine grapefruit juice and syrup. Pour 1/2 cup into prepared glasses over ice; top with 1/2 cup sparkling water. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forGinger-Grapefruit Fizz
"Sounds amazing! Going to mix up a test batch tomorrow, love the peppercorns! I am always looking for a non alcoholic alternative too, this fits the bill. Thanks for sharing."