- 1/4 cup peach preserves
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped candied or crystallized ginger
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 medium honeydew, cut into 2-inch cubes
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Thread honeydew onto six metal or soaked wooden skewers; brush with half of the glaze.
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill. Grill honeydew, covered, over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or just until melon begins to soften and brown, basting frequently with remaining glaze. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forGinger-Glazed Grilled Honeydew
"I haven't tried making this yet, but I would try it with under-ripe melon, to prolong the cooking time, and baste the melon with the sauce."
"While I really liked the flavor combination of the glaze and the honeydew, I have not been able to successfully execute this dish. On the grill, the glaze basically ran off the melon into the fire. I tried it again in a non-stick skillet and the melon became mushy."