Ginger Creme Sandwich Cookies Recipe
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Cream shortening and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and molasses. In another bowl, whisk flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- 2. Preheat oven to 375°. Shape dough into 1-in. balls; roll in granulated sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a fork, forming a crisscross pattern. Bake until set (do not overbake), 8-10 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 3. Meanwhile, combine filling ingredients until smooth. Spread over bottoms of half of the cookies; cover with remaining cookies. Refrigerate. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
1 sandwich cookie: 184 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 154mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Ginger Creme Sandwich Cookies
"Good but not spectacular enough to make again. I love to WOW my guests with popping flavors."