Ginger Chicken Stir-Fry
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups each broccoli florets, cauliflowerets and carrot pieces
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in oil over medium-high heat for 10 minutes or until juices run clear. Remove chicken and set aside.
- In the same skillet, stir-fry the broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and onion for 5-8 minutes or until tender. Combine the cornstarch and water until smooth. Add the remaining ingredients; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Return chicken to skillet and heat through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 151 calories, 5g fat (0 saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 655mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 16g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 22, 2018
Delicious with just the right amount of heat!
Apr 30, 2010
We all loved this recipe! I finally found a good stir-fry recipe that makes a lot of sauce. My kids love to have a lot of sauce on their rice. This should be rated 7 stars!! Very Good! Thanks.
Jul 3, 2008
I didn't have any cornstarch to prepare this, so I left it out and the water. It was a juice instead of a sauce/glaze. It was very good. I will diffently add to my recipes!!