Ginger Chicken Stir-Fry
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups each broccoli florets, cauliflowerets and carrot pieces
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in oil over medium-high heat for 10 minutes or until juices run clear. Remove chicken and set aside.
- In the same skillet, stir-fry the broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and onion for 5-8 minutes or until tender. Combine the cornstarch and water until smooth. Add the remaining ingredients; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Return chicken to skillet and heat through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 151 calories, 5g fat (0 saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 655mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 16g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable.
Apr 30, 2010
We all loved this recipe! I finally found a good stir-fry recipe that makes a lot of sauce. My kids love to have a lot of sauce on their rice. This should be rated 7 stars!! Very Good! Thanks.
Jul 3, 2008
I didn't have any cornstarch to prepare this, so I left it out and the water. It was a juice instead of a sauce/glaze. It was very good. I will diffently add to my recipes!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.