Our home economists developed this recipe for folks who want to offer guests an adult-style beverage without the alcohol. The simple syrup is enhanced with gingerroot and vanilla bean.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
Makes16 servings (3 quarts)
- 4 cups sugar
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh gingerroot
- 1 vanilla bean
- 4 cups apricot nectar, chilled
- 3 cups white cranberry juice, chilled
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, water and ginger. Split vanilla bean and scrape seeds; add bean and seeds to sugar mixture. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 20 minutes. Strain mixture, discarding ginger and vanilla bean. Refrigerate until chilled.
- In a large pitcher, combine the remaining ingredients; stir in sugar mixture. Serve in cocktail glasses.
To Make Ahead: Prepare the ginger syrup up to a week in advance; cover and store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 255 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3mg sodium, 66g carbohydrate (65g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Ginger Apritini in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.